Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Epidural...How Sweet It Is!!!

The doctor broke her water around 1pm, and that's when the tough contractions kicked in. Thankfully, Jen didn't have to suffer through too much. The doctor ordered an epidural around 3pm. She and the baby are doing great!!
Now that she can't feel the contractions, hopefully she can get some rest for when the real show begins. It looks like things aren't going as fast as we hoped, but we're just happy everything is going relatively smooth.
It might be a long night. I'll try to keep you posted.

6 comments:

Aunt L & Uncle J said...

Hmmm...Like mother, like daughter...??
Lots of emotion on this end already, and we're just waiting!! Give my girl a love, and both of you get some rest!
Lisa

Matt said...

Let the fun begin!

Anonymous said...

Thanks James. I'm making chocolate chip cookies to help pass the time...I'll bring some in. love mom

Landis said...

Jen when you start to feel uncomfortable just go to your happy place. Back to 1954 where Bing and Danny were tap dancing to the sweet sounds of a White Christmas!

"Mr. Bones, Mr. Bones, How do ya feel Mr. Bones!"

"Rattlin'!"

Jeane` said...

Another reason I have to thank God for Mr. Epi Dural. He was a man amoung men. Or maybe "Epi" was she! (More likely, as she would have known contraction pain first hand, possibly!). I had a similar set up and it took a while too!! Enjoy the painless contractions!!! I'm sooooo thankful it is working out this way. I'm checking your site often...Thank you , James, for the great job you're doing!
Love,
Jeane` (for Curt too!)

Sarah said...

You're getting close now! Glad to hear Jen is doing well.