Friday, May 30, 2008

My Bad!!!

I'm sorry, in the craziness of the last couple days, I totally forgot to fill everyone in on how things went in the late stages of labor. The last post said that she was getting ready to push. That's when the madness started...
I'll tell you what, Jen is my new hero. She pushed like crazy for about 2 hours. Our nurse and doctor were really impressed at how well she did. Unfortunately Jen's little frame just wasn't built to handle an almost 8 lbs baby. After all day of labor (the last 2 hours being really intense), the doctor called for a C-section. It was a really good call, because later we found out the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck.
The next thing I know, Jen was carted out to the OR and I had to frantically pack everything to move it into a recovery room. When Jen was all prepped for the C-section, they brought me in (sporting scrubs and surgeon's hat).
For those who've never experienced it, a C-section is crazy, but before we knew it, our little girl was here. I went with Grace to get cleaned up and medically checked out as Jen was being stitched up.
Soon we were all getting settled in the recovery room. It was about 11pm before I could start calling family to let them know.
I am just so thankful that Jen and Grace are healthy.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Jen...so sorry you had to experience the best (or actually worst!) of both worlds! We're glad that everything worked out for the best and you and Baby Grace are healthy! You're a trooper and we can't wait to meet her!

GrowFree said...

James and Jenn,
Wow. Congrats!!! That i awesome! Grace is beautiful!