Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lemon Chicken

In a recent Taste of Home magazine, I found this delicious recipe for Lemon Chicken. The secret ingredient? Lemon Pie Filling! I found that a little odd, but it helps to create a mild sweet and tangy glaze for the chicken. I am always looking for new chicken recipes, as it's easy to get into a rut. This one is a keeper!

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup bisquick
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 4 bone in chicken breasts, skins removed (I used boneless, skinless)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 1/3 cups lemon pie filling
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/3 cup cider vinegar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bisquick, seasoned salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces one at a time, shake until coated. In skillet, heat oil, and brown chicken on both sides. Place in a 9x13 pan.

In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, water, vinegar, and soy sauce. Pour over chicken and bake, uncovered, at 375 for 40-45 minutes. Or until chicken reaches 165-170.

**I actually skipped the bisquick part, and just seasoned the chicken breasts in the baking dish, skipped the browning, and just poured the glaze right over the chicken. Turned out tender and delicious!**
I served this with some leftover cornbread that I toasted in the oven, a brown & wild rice mix, and some veggies. Voila! Dinner is served. Hope you enjoy it!




3 comments:

Alison said...

This looks great! Thanks for sharing :) The Ham and Cheese Sticky buns I made for the brunch last week have been the talk of the town! Thank you so much for the recipe

Landis said...

Ok Martha Stewart, this looks amazing!! New recipe for my book! Thanks! :)

Julie said...

mmm!