Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beautiful Friends, Beautiful Countryside

It is so rare that one remains close with a friend from birth - I count myself so blessed to continue to enjoy friendship with a girlfriend who I've known since we were born! Our mother's met in a little apartment complex over 30 years ago, from there, a friendship was born, and lots of special times have been shared since.
Our Moms - way too young looking to be Grandmothers!
Me, Mom, and little Grace
Her lovely little centerpiece Delicious Taco SaladFresh & Sweet Strawberry Parfaits courtesy of JudyThe beautiful hostess and myselfMy girlfriend and I now have our own children, and what a treat it was to spend lunch at her beautiful and cozy home with our Mothers. She was ever the gracious hostess - up and down serving us, barely sitting herself (may I mention she is expecting twins, and also has 3 other little ones to care for). She is amazing!!! She sent us home with her peach coffee cake & a package of gourmet coffee - all wrapped in a lovely little bow.
Thank you for such a beautiful & generous day Jeane`!
On my drive home, I just had to pull over and shoot all of the
gorgeous farmland surrounding me.

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

How can I possibly be so fortunate to have you and your family in my life. What a sweet tribute to both of us from beautiful you. You forgot to mention the scrumptious blueberry muffins in a pink and green tin, that you brought for the two of us. It is always great to spend time with you. Love the new blog look!!

Jeane` said...

YIPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I made the Phipps Family Story blog! And such a flattering write up too! This has, indeed, made my day happier...to reflect on our life-long friendship and the fun we have made in so many situations..and the good time we had last Friday...not to mention all the good times to come!! Thank you for always making time for me. LOVE you!!!
Jeane`
PS. Curt was looking at the pictures of the lunch and mentioned how terrific you look! I totally agree! James is sure one lucky guy--and you can tell him I said so(even though he knows perfectly well already!).

Dale said...

God brought us city mice to the countryside over 30 years ago, and we are sooo glad! What joys and blessings He had in store for us here. Thank you dear friends for giving so freely of yourselves over the years to our family...and specifically for a great time and luncheon with you. God is good...