Thursday, February 26, 2009

Retreat to Bear Creek Mountain

For our first little family trip away together, we headed up to Bear Creek Mountain in Berks County. A beautiful ski lodge that I recommend to anyone - whether you ski or not! Here are some pics of our time together... View from our room...At night...
Gone swimmin'! This little floatie-swim-boat was lent to us by our good friends the Chiodi's (thanks guys!). Grace really liked it, but took awhile to "warm up" to the idea of the water and being in it. She takes a good 20 minutes to warm up to any new face or setting. She has this poker face - no smiles, no facial expressions, just shifty eyes, taking it all in...


Daddy is regretting he chose to sit next to his daughter, as he spent most of dinner picking up all the toys she threw "overboard" again and again.
Cozied by the big fire!
"..Oh Winter, King of Intimate Delights..."
~William Cowper

7 comments:

Landis said...

haha that's hysterical. It'll be interesting to see how she reacts when she tries her first roller coaster ride.

Julie said...

precious moments...

love that picture of the ski slopes at night. beautiful.

looks like you all had a great trip!

Jen said...

We had a great time - besides James and I getting sick. :-( Oh well, it was fun to get away!

Dale said...

Looks like a beautiful place; love the bathing suit...is she giving her daddy a "look" in the pool? She's a great communicator already. Doesn't need words. Hope you're all feeling better soon! mom

Drew and Erin said...

Looks wonderful! I love the pic of Grace in her bathing suit - too cute!

Kristy said...

I loved Grace's stoic face in the pool. I can't believe you didn't laugh while taping. Looks like you're enjoying Winter!

Just a little something from Judy said...

I wanted to tell you that John's company has been doing lots of work at "Bear Creek Mountain". He took me there a while ago to show me their construction work, and I thought it was beautiful. They have been doing more work in the last few months. Maybe, we will have to spend a weekend there at your recommendation. Loved the pictures!