Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Simple Summer...to Cherish

As summer is nearing it's end - too quickly like it always does, I've been desperately trying to squeeze in some fun summer activities before the coolness of fall sets in. The past 3 months have gone by like a flash, and I feel like we've hardly taken advantage of the warm weather. So anyway, every week (IN MY MIND) I plan picnics in the park, day trips to the beach, a dinner drive down to the Maryland bay....Uh, let's just say my summer activities itinerary has extended to include the occasional evening walk around the block, and handing James a plate of chicken to grill for dinner. Woo-hoo how festive! So, although we haven't had any exotic vacations, badminton tournaments, or thrown a luai for our friends - we have savored simple










little things this summer. Lots of precious family get togethers, visits with dear old friends, cheering for the USA in the Olympics, and of course lots of evenings just on the couch basking in the smiles & squeals from our little Gracie.
We thank you Lord for contenting us with the simple things in life!

So...to conclude. We were actually spontaneous today and decided while driving home from an errand, to make a stop at Marsh Creek State Park. We had a blanket in the backseat, Grace was sleeping, how could we go wrong? Well...a few minutes after taking her out of the carseat and snapping some pictures, she realized "I don't want to be here", and let us know quite vocally. Let's just say our little stop by the lake was a quick one.









"Mom, Dad - Take me home. Now. You have T-Minus 5 seconds before I start crying." We are starting to recognize this look....




5 comments:

Julie said...

aww. those are some great family pics.

the o'malley clan said...

thanks for posting. your little family is so adorable. gracie is SO STINKIN CUTE.

Landis said...

Aw good pictures!! Cape May here we come! Gracie is mine.

Jeane` said...

YOU are SOOOOOO thoughtful!!!! Let me just proclaim it over the blogosphere!!! Thank you SOOO Much for the colorful & fun package I received in the mail today and for the extremely timely item you sent my way! Since, indeed, I am feeling like an elephant with a bad wardrobe (the unstained, unfaded peices are growing slim for the picking!), the little sexy number was a breath of fresh air (although it would quickly lose it's 'sexy' aura if I donned it today). In any case, THANK YOU!
And I loved this posting. Our lives have been VERY simple too, and I can only think of the days that we dreamt of this simple life while whittling away behind our little cubicals at WV. Here they are!!!
You are treasured, my friend...
Love you,
Jeane`

Anonymous said...

I loved this post...interesting how quickly Grace can communicate with no words, isn't it? What a picture! Don't stop trying to have those spontaneous moments-she'll figure out how fun they are soon. Can't wait for the beach! mom