What says summer like kabobs?
I love them - they are so easy, healthy, and most importantly - delicious!
My search for a Greek Chicken Kabobs recipe was inspired by a local Greek restaurant called The Mediterranean in West Chester. My sister Julie http://twirlysteps.blogspot.com/ and I ate lunch there last week and everything was so good!
The chicken was so moist and tender - not dry little pellets like kabobs can often be.
What was the secret?
Yogurt.
Combine the following ingredients and
marinate 1 lb kabob sized chicken pieces for at least 3 hours:
1 6-8 oz. container fat free plain yogurt
1/3 tomato basil crumbled feta
1/2 tsp lemon zest
2 T fresh lemon juice
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp rosemary (I didn't have any so I used herbes de provence)
1/2 tsp greek seasoning (optional)
Skewer with vegetables of choice.
I used Red Peppers, Squash & Onions.
I served these kabobs with cous cous and watermelon. I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product, so you'll have to imagine grill marks and the meat & vegetables resting on a mound of cous cous. When I'm hungry, all goes by the wayside!
Hope this gives you a new recipe to try for the summer.
Hope this gives you a new recipe to try for the summer.
Enjoy!



3 comments:
I love learning about new recipes from you, because I know you are a very good cook. I think this sounds like a great recipe. Thank you so much! By the way, it is good you mentioned your sister's beautiful, unique and creative blog.
Oh, Jen,
I just want one of these RIGHT NOW. Pronto. Zippity Doo Daa. And I shouldn't be writing past 8pm.
Seriously, they look divine, and I WILL locate my Kabob sticks if it's the last thing I do, and I will try this delightful recipe (i even have the yogart!)
I often think of the email you vonct wrote me about your trip to CJ's Tires by yourself (or maybe with your dad? Or both?)...and I remember the tears that were forming rivers through the layers of deep concealing makeup I wore at the time, finding it hard to breathe for the hysterical nature of your writing....
and I say:
DO IT AGAIN!!!!
You are THEEE funniest person I know. But I know you cannot write such things on demand, so just forget I asked it. (kinda), but then do it when inspiration hits.
:)
Love you! Can't wait to see you soon!
I'm craving a new post from YOUUUUU!
Post a Comment