Thought it might be nice to post a recipe on the "lighter" side amidst all the heavy holiday food we're all eating! This is a favorite of ours, and it's adapted from Barefoot Contessa's recipe. I've just added cinnamon & vanilla.

- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, small diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried figs (I leave these out)
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut & almonds. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, honey, cinnamon & vanilla. Pour over oat mixture and with a wooden spoon, toss to coat.
Spread mixture on a 13x18 rimmed baking sheet, and bake 25-30 minutes stirring every 5-10 minutes until it turns a nice, even golden brown color. Remove from oven, and let cool, stirring occassionally. Once cool, add dried fruit & cashews, and store in an airtight container. Serve over yogurt, or simply with milk. Enjoy!
Also, makes a lovely gift. I like to give this in old fashioned glass canisters.




4 comments:
Yeah!! Another post! And the granola is delish! I can testify!!
oooooo must try! Keep up the posting sis! love you and your belly full of baby!
I love granola and am always looking for good recipes to try. I will definitely try this especially since it came from a good cook like you. Speaking of...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEAUTIFUL YOU!!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
How could you leave the figs out? So sad. So not Italian.
Post a Comment